Buying a prefab home is a savvy way to save money and time while creating the beautiful home you have always dreamed of. Prefab homes make homeownership a reality for many individuals. Prefab homes open up lots of potential opportunities for you to express your style and taste. Just because prefab homes can save you money does not mean they look ugly or use cheap materials. Prefab homes can be extremely stunning and design forward. Here are the top 5 interior design tips for modern prefab homes.
- Purchasing a prefab home allows you to work with professionals, designers or even engineers you will likely have access to computer software that can help you not only with the layout of the space but the design as well. Also, many of these like CAD or CNC (computer numerical control) give very realistic visualizations of a complete designed space from a 3D perspective.
- Since prefab homes are extremely customizable, be sure to give the manufacturer your specifications so that you get the materials and the look your desire in your home. Usually the walls, countertops, cabinets, floors, and fixtures of your home will be included when the home is assembled. Just like in any home, you will be able to choose between different flooring options such as hardwood, carpet or tile. Make sure your flooring coordinates with other design elements in your home like the countertops and cabinets. Also, try to choose neutral, classic options that can act as a clean slate for any design choices you make later on.
- Next, you will need to incorporate appliances. Stainless steel is a very popular option for items in the kitchen. Coordinating these items will help to create a matching and cohesive look throughout. You can have the manufacturers install stainless steel nobs to cabinets. In addition, purchase appliances like a dishwasher, washing machine or refrigerator in stainless steel as well for a very modern, sleek effect.
- Once you have chosen the basics, you will want to make the space your own. After the home is assembled and fixated to the foundation, painting can be your next step. Paint is an excellent way to transform any space. You can brighten up a small space with light or neutral wall colors. In addition, warm colors can be used to cozy up a larger, more open space. Experiment with paint swatches, which you can find at a local paint or hardware store before committing to a shade.
- Consider an ultra modern look with minimalist furniture options. Pods are a new trend that many prefab homeowners are turning to in order to help optimize square footage and allow them get the most out of their spaces. Pods can be used for furniture that can fold open or closed and stored as needed. They can be folded into simple items such as an ottoman or a coffee table that will open to additional seating on command. This can help keep your space clear and open most of the time, but give you the conveniences of additional furniture when you are entertaining.
When designing your prefab home, you will truly be able to customize this house the way you have always envisioned it to look. Take advantage of software, customize options with the manufacturers, use room changing paint colors, and look to pod furniture options for sleek and modern looking. Whether you purchase your prefab home from a local prefabricated manufacturer or Aussie modular solutions, prefab home design can be fun, modern and efficient.