They say moving house is one of the most stressful events in life and it’s probably true. But there is one thing which is even more stressful than moving to a new house and that’s relocating to a new city! Moving your entire life from a small sleepy Lincolnshire village to the bustling town of Milton Keynes is enough to give anyone sleepless nights. But there are some ways to make your move easier, and these handy tips should help you to relax and enjoy what should be a very exciting experience!
There’s nothing worse than a disorganised move, whether you’re moving for work or to be closer to loved ones. Boxes that aren’t labelled properly, lack of proper accommodation at your destination and removal companies who aren’t reliable and fit for the job can all leave you feeling like tearing your hair out. Here are a few things you need to do before moving day:
- Organise your belongings – pack logically and label each box on the side with a marker pen, so that you can easily find things when you arrive
- Create an ‘emergency’ box which contains things you’ll need for your first night in your new accommodation – this could include a kettle and toaster, book, change of clothes, toiletries and chargers for electrical items, amongst other things
- Ensure you book a reliable removal company – check out previous customer testimonials or ask friends and family for a recommendation
- Make sure you get the moving date right; this might sound silly, but with all the stress going on around you, it’s easy to get your dates muddled up and find yourself waiting for the removal van on Tuesday morning when they are not booked until Thursday!
Sort out your Accommodation
It’s important to organise your accommodation before you arrive at your destination – whilst crashing on a friend or colleague’s sofa might be fine for a night or two, it’s not a long term option. Hunting for an apartment to rent whilst living elsewhere can be stressful; you don’t have the ability to attend viewings or meet with the estate agents as work is just too busy! If you’re moving for work and your company aren’t willing to help out, why not consider booking into corporate stay apartments in Milton Keynes – these are fully furnished, serviced apartments which are ideal for short (or longer) stays whilst you find your feet in the area.
Is a Serviced Apartment Really Home?
Today’s serviced apartments come with all the amenities you could possibly need, and with some companies offering the option of longer stays (more than 30 days), it’s easy to find a fully furnished apartment to live in for a couple of months whilst you hunt for somewhere else. These apartments are also a great option if you’re re-locating temporarily and will be leaving most of your furniture and belongings in storage; you’ll pay one monthly rental fee and everything you need is included. Most serviced apartments will include some (or all) of the following amenities:
- Free parking
- Inclusive Sky television and unlimited WiFi
- Maid service – so you need never worry about cleaning!
- Corporate and long stay discounts – ideal if you’re not sure how long you will be needing a place for
By staying close to the town centre in a corporate stay apartment, Milton Keynes is close at hand and you’ll save money on transport! What’s more, you can book your apartment in advance before you even arrive in town, so you’ll have a luxurious, comfortable fully furnished apartment waiting for you upon your arrival.
Follow the above simple steps and your moving day is guaranteed to be less stressful than you ever thought possible – it’s all about preparation and organisation in order to ensure everything goes to plan.
About the Author
Steven Capocci has written for a number of travel and corporate websites over the past few years and travels widely himself – he always books corporate stay apartments Milton Keynes when visiting the area and would recommend them to anyone looking for an easy and convenient way to book furnished accommodation in the town.