As lifestyle demands change, technology changes with them. Technological advances have created innovative ways to reduce building costs, conserve energy and create healthier lifestyles. The building industry has creative software applications to manage building costs. Energy-efficient products conserve energy and save money. Recycled building materials and green products create a healthier living environment. Constantly evolving building technology is changing the way we live our lives.
AccuBuild construction management software helps contractors and builders manage all aspects of a project and streamline operations and accounting. This creates cost-effective solutions to reduce project costs which can save businesses and homeowners thousands of dollars in building and remodeling projects. AccuBuild’s software includes:
* Job scheduling
* Job costs tracking and forecasting
* Subcontractor management
* Purchase order management
* Document management and imaging
* Accounting software
Technology has created many great ways to conserve energy and reduce energy costs for the building industry. Homeowners and businesses across the country are benefiting from these technological advances.
* Passive Homes – Building and remodeling trends for 2014 show a demand for more passive homes which incorporate ways to conserve energy, reduce carbon emissions and use green building principles. Passive homes promote the use of solar energy and thermal insulation to create a comfortable home environment.
* Solar Energy – Promotion of solar energy has created new building techniques and products that include solar panels for roofs, solar hot water heaters, solar pool heaters, solar generators, solar lighting and solar electronics. Builders and homeowners are inspired by official rebate offers and reduced building and remodeling costs.
* Smart Thermostats – Smart thermostats (programmable thermostats) allow you program temperatures in your home or office to fit your schedule. The thermostat can automatically lower temperatures when you’re away or asleep and adjust to comfortable temperatures as needed. Smart thermostats can be remotely activated from any smart phone, tablet or computer.
* Energy Star Products – New buildings and homes feature Energy Star products like windows, furnaces, air conditioning systems, hot water heaters, refrigerators, dishwashers and washers and dryers. These energy-efficient products that conserve energy and save money are becoming the standard in new construction and remodeling jobs.
* Plumbing Fixtures – Technology has created new energy-efficient, low-flow toilets that can save up to 4,000 gallons of water each year. Energy-efficient faucets and shower heads now have motion sensors that turn the water on and off by a simple touch or by your approach. Energy-efficient plumbing creates substantial savings for homeowners and businesses.
* Non-toxic Materials – Toxic or harmful interior and exterior building materials such as insulation, paints, wood stains and textiles are being replaced with safe, hypoallergenic materials that are free of harmful glues, dyes, toxic chemicals and pollutants that can cause allergies and respiratory problems in people and spill toxic gases into the environment.
* Green Building Products – An array of building products like lumber, roofing, siding, wood flooring, countertop materials, carpets and tiles are now available in recycled and green products for building and remodeling. Green building materials are in great demand by new homeowners and businesses who are concerned about the environment.