There are many kitchen cleaning products that promise to clean your worktops and oven rapidly with minimal mess. However there is one eco-friendly way to clean your oven, which uses the power of steam to blast away harmful bacteria and grime.
Why is Steam Such an Effective Cleaner?
Plain water is heated to a very high temperature until steam evaporates from the attachment. Steam is a very effective killer of bacteria including salmonella, e-coli and listeria that can collect on the kitchen’s surface. These nasty types of bacteria can lead to food poisoning and other unpleasant illnesses. Steam is an affordable way to disinfect your entire home and keep it safe and clean for your children and loved ones.
Dirt and bacteria can easily build up and stick to any surface. The steam melts the dirt and grime and the damp surface dilutes the adhesive. A steam cleaner should be used with a kitchen towel or damp cloth to wipe away dirt and bacteria.
Ways to Use Steam Around the Home
Steam can be used in a variety of ways. It is an effective way to clean mirrors and windows without the unpleasant streaks that can be left by other products. If you hate ironing and your washing is creased, spray steam against your clothing to encourages the creases to drop. Steam also removes stubborn odours on clothing.
- Many steam-cleaners include multiple attachments which enables you to clean every room in your home.
- A squeegee is an effective attachment to clean windows and tiles.
- A nozzle end can be used to clean the toilet, remove mould around the kitchen taps and sink and sterilise doorknobs and tricky corners.
- After a virus, it is important that you do not use the same toothbrush as this can re-infect you with the same virus. Steam is an effective disinfectant and can kill cold and flu viruses that collect on toothbrushes.
- If your kitchen sink is clogged up with hairs blast it with the steam nozzle. The extreme heat will unblock the sink without you having to use bleach.
- Burnt on food can be tough to remove and there are an array of products claiming to remove this. However steam really gets to work on removing the burnt on food rapidly, without excessive scrubbing.
- This is why steam is such an effective oven cleaner. Grease and fat can collect in ovens and on kitchen tiles and steam is an effortless way to remove this.
- However if you do not fancy tackling greasy ovens yourself you can always get a professional cleaning company in.
- Many defrosting products can be expensive, but steam is a cheap and effective way to melt the ice build-up freezers.
- Pet hairs can collect on carpets and upholstery and steam is a quick and easy way to remove these.
- One way to remove dirt and grime from jewellery is to spray it with steam. Use a cloth to gently wipe away the dirt.
- In the garden steam can be used to disinfect soil, kill weeds on patios, remove the algae that collects around a swimming pool and safely clean plastic and fiberglass.
What to Look for in a Steam Cleaner
Some steam cleaning devices can heat up water in thirty seconds, while other types that hold up to five litres can take up to twenty minutes to heat. The latter is useful for removing wallpaper. The price of steam cleaners can also vary from £15 to £100+. Handheld steam cleaners are effective for use around the kitchen and bathroom, but they may not be suitable as a floor cleanser.
There are many effective cleaning products available that promise to kill surface bacteria in your kitchen as well as remove burnt on food that collects in your oven. Steam is affordable and eco-friendly option. However if you do not want to tackle this yourself call in the experts.
About the Author
Sarah Fox is an author who believes that there are effective ways to try oven cleaning, Manchester with a steam cleaning device.