If you have a rental home on the market that is vacant and ready for occupants to move in, you need to find an effective way to get it out into the world. These days, placing a “for rent” sign outside of the window doesn’t really cut it. With the Internet and digital classified listings, you need to properly advertise your rental home the right way. However, advertising a rental property can be expensive and if you don’t have a large budget, it might be a challenge to properly market the property. However, with a little creativity and ingenuity, you can properly advertise your property. Here are five easy and inexpensive ways to advertise your rental home.
- Use the power of digital media. If you have a rental property available and want a fun, 3D way to show it off to the masses, why not take a video tour and post it online? This can be a great way to show potential renters your property in a multidimensional way that can really give them a feel for the space.
- Staging. Staging is a great way to market and advertise a rental property, because people can really get a sense of what the property looks like when lived in. Statistics show that properties that are properly staged when showing get better rental rates and higher percentages of occupancy. If you want to stage your rental property on the cheap, you can rent furniture, or you can use furniture from your home. The other option is to go thrift shopping – things might look a little funky, but it might give your home a shabby chic edge that people love.
- Online classified ads. There are a number of free forums online where you can post your listings for rental properties. With a little creative copywriting, some photos and perhaps a link to the rental property, you will no doubt have emails pouring in from interested parties. It is recommended, though, to create a special email address where you can catch all your emails – it can be frustrating having to keep track of all those emails in your personal inbox.
- Fliers. Handing out fliers and placing stacks of fliers in coffee shops, college campuses and even music venues can be a great way to get the word out about your rental property. By getting word out about your rental property to the right demographic in an effective way, you can really get people interested. Just make sure, though, that your fliers are eye-catching and have all of the information that potential renters need about the property.
- Hire a property management company. A property management company doesn’t usually require any money or capital up front – they take a percentage or monthly fee. Hiring a property management company, like The Nordstrom Group, that has experience and marketing power can take a huge load off your shoulders and can actually be more cost effective in the long run. One of the biggest benefits of hiring a property management company: less work for you.