For any home construction or renovation buff, keeping the garage organized and clean can be one of the biggest challenges. There are many people in the same boat: not being able to find tools and equipment you need, not being able to park your car because there is just too much stuff and a number of other problems that come along with having an unorganized garage. Luckily, there are a number of ways to keep your garage organized, so that you can get to work instead of spending your free time on having to clean up before hand. Here are five easy and effective garage organization tips.
- Use clear containers. By using clear, stackable containers, you can effectively put away all your tools and equipment and know exactly where everything is the next day or the next time you go to work in your garage. There are many different sizes when it comes to plastic containers. If you work with beading, you might want some small containers. If you work with large equipment, you might want some much larger boxes. Just make sure, though, that you label everything -Â just for added organization.
- Use a rack. Instead of leaning everything up against the wall of the garage, you should get a rack where you can place everything. A rack is important for a few different reasons. For one, you will know where everything is. Also, a rack can keep all your items from becoming destroyed or damaged. For instance, you can keep brooms, mops, shovels and other items in your tool rack and you’ll never have to worry about the inconvenience of having to dig for these item ever again. When it comes to garage organization, a tool rack is vital.
- Make use of all the wall space you have. The walls of a garage can be a great place to keep items, so that you can keep them off the floor and from building up around your garage. For instance, you should build shelves, place racks and have other items on the walls that can hold all your supplies. When it comes down to it, it doesn’t need to be aesthetically perfect – it is your garage after all. You just want to be as utilitarian as possible.
- Make use of the ceiling too. When it comes down to it, you can also utilize the ceiling of your garage to hang item like bikes and other large items. There are many racks you can purchase that can be very easily installed into your ceiling and that can hold very heavy, large items. You can also hang your golf bags or even a punching bag if you want to turn a part of your garage into a gym.
- Modernize your garage. Another important step in organizing your garage is making sure that your garage door is in perfect condition. You can look up garage door repair in Dayton Ohio or anywhere else that you may reside and chances are that you will find a number of different results for reputable repair companies. When it come down to it, having a couple of automatic garage door openers can make your garage door last much longer and it will be much more convenient.